Tuesday, June 3, 2008

They aren't all picture perfect




In terms of crochet success I haven't had much of it in the past week.

A baby blanket I attempted to make for a friend got away from me to the point it was beyond frogging and starting over. An attempt at a new hat design didn't pan out and then of course there is my absolute favorite:

Adding a brim to a beanie.

Yep I can freehand anything it seems but for some reason I can not for the life me of make a brimmed beanie without making the wearer look like a sad 12-year-old boy - AKA me.

However, this is also probably where I should admit that all of my attempts were between 1 and 2 a.m. while watching Eddie and the Cruisers II. All I can say is I can now conclude that drinking Red Bull at 8 p.m. isn't perhaps the best idea I've ever had.

What bums me out is I did, however, make another very cute skull and cross bones applique, complete with little heart eyes. Yet, by sewing it onto my pathetic brimmed beanie attempt I somehow turned my badass skull into "cutsy" accessory.

But Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was my crocheting abilities. I've never let a pattern or design defeat me yet.

I will conquer this brimmed beanie. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but hell I'll figure it out someday.

Let's just hope it's before I'm 90.






2 comments:

MayRae said...

Looks like a great beanie to me! I've made 2, one for each kid. My daughter's is great, son's not so much. But he does still love the hat. If you think it needs perfecting, you'll get it. For now, it's great :)

Beth said...

I like it, I think the brim looks good!!! You're way too hard on yourself.