Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When "Good" Ideas Go Bad

Confessions of an insomniac crocheter

Though my toddler has resumed a normal sleep schedule I have not.

For some reason willing my body to sleep before 4 a.m. has become a bit like trying to shove a squirrel into a beer bottle - if it actually happened it would be a miracle - and quite funny to boot.

So to bide my time during my unfortunate sleep situation I've been messing around with different hat ideas.

Unfortunatly, tonight I decided to take inspiration from The Real Housewives of Orange County. Why oh why did I end up watching an episode featuring cooking and big, floppy and loud hats? Not a good combination.

Because somewhere in the middle of watching catfights, sloppy drunk blondes and 40-year-old plus women pretending that fake boobs and botox was hotter than a redhead mistaking liquid heat for lube, I came up with this hideaous hat design.



Oh wait it gets better. Take a look at the side view.




All I can think of when I see this is the result of what would happen if Tim Gunn decided to make over the Swedish Chef.

2 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Moose..I like it! I wish I could wear hats...but I have a super dooper round head!!!!!!
Robin

Jessica said...

Its actually not that bad! Minus the little "turd in the diaper look" in the back....but I have a big enough head that I'd probably fill it out enough that it would droop like that....I don't think you give yourself enough credit! :-)