Monday, January 12, 2009

Amazing Appliques

Well, at least I think they are.

So here is that custom order I've been working on. I must admit - apart from the dragonflies - these are perhaps the best I've ever done them.

The reason I'm not happy with the dragonflies is that the only medium pink acrylic yarn I could find at the time was Vanna White's Choice. Yeah - it sucks.


So onto the show and tell.

Here are all eight items



Now here are the dragonflies up close. See how the yarn just doesn't have the pizazz that my other ones had?



The butterflies on the other hand, I decided to try sewing the wings to the back of the belly to create a bit of a two-dimensional effect. I think they turned out great.



The starfish I was so happy with. They remind me of the Carl's Jr. logo from when I was a kid.



And lastly my good ol' submarines.

Granted I have made my own fleet over the past year with custom orders but with this request I think I finally perfected the shape.

1 comment:

Beth said...

They look so good! It's hard to choose a favorite. The colors are great too. They are going to be so pleased.